Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Dream Come True






  On Tuesday, May 10th at 5pm Pacific Standard Time, I Adam Davenport took a ride in one of the rarest planes of all time. A B-24H Consolidated Liberator heavy bomber for WWII. For those of you who know me I am a history buff, specifically WWII  and WWII bombers. Since I was a kid I always loved the B-24. Its menacing looks, its fierce and reliable reputation in combat and more importantly the men who flew, fought and perished in these majestic aircraft. This plane was coming through on a US tour and I had to pounce on the opportunity to fly in it. Thanks to a nice donation for my parents I was able to realize my dream of spending time aloft in a WWII bomber and the fact that this particular plane was a B-24, my favorite!

Go see www.collingswoodfoundation.org

No comments:

Post a Comment